() ()
My grandchildren Kay & Mat

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Joy and Horrors of Rearing Children

Alec

To mothers, simply looking at angelic face of their child is a joy in itself: smiling in their sleep or waking time,.

We follow through their growing up years, from birth to the time when they want to be independent no longer under the scrutiny of their mother.

We have a logbook of their first smile, their first crawl, their first word, all their first's.

They would even hold on tightly to their mother's skirts, not letting them out of their sight.A strong bond is developed at this time, before their schooling for lack of other children outside of siblings.

One would notice the habit or mannerism of the child if it's from the father of mother.

Above  are all joys,  especially when you get a loving response from the child, but sorrow comes when mishaps happen.like:
  • slamming of the car door with a child's fingers still on it - it gets blue and black;
  • a child running after the parent's car with a bottle of coke in his hands then tripping, - he had to have stitches to stop  the blood from flowing;
  • a child losing his grip on his mother (hugging her legs) and dropping to the floor with the backside of his head - he had temporary loss of his eyesight the following. day;
  • A grade one child going out of the classroom then bumping into an older schoolmate while latter was running from his right side's direction - he had to be stitched above his eyebrow.
  • Russ, the father of Alec, seemed to be flatfooted, with forever bumps:
  • Russ at age four held on to a trike while it was letting its passenger alight. So when the trike sped off, Russ was still holding to the backside. He was surfing on dry land, so when his rubber slipper got unbearably hot, he let go of his hold. He dropped  face down  giving a large bump on his forehead;
  • The heart-wrenching part is when you hear their inconsolable cry;
  • Lastly, it reminded me of this incident when I saw the toy of Alec. With his toy car, Russ, at the age of two,  went around from our inner road to the main road of the village,. Thank God he was not run over by  speeding cars. He was picked up the village' security guard and brought to our neighbor thinking that he was their son with this admonition: "Bakit ninyo pinababayaan ang anak ninyo?" (Why do you neglect your child?) Because of this last two incidents, the nanny resigned.
My spouse and I were employed at that time. Because of these incidents, I quit my job.

I was so busy in my job I had no prayer time. So now, I make up by praying for the families of my children that they be guided by God and that they be protected from any harm, especially spiritual.




Parent's Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this treasured child of mine. Although you have entrusted him/her to me, I know he belongs to you. Like Hannah offered Samuel, I dedicate my child to you, Lord. I recognize that he is always in your care.

Help me as a parent, Lord, with my weaknesses and imperfections. Give me strength and godly wisdom to raise this child after your Holy Word. Please supply what I lack. Keep my child walking on the path that leads to eternal life. Help him to overcome the temptations in this world and the sin that would so easily entangle him.

Dear God, send your Holy Spirit daily to lead and guide him. Ever assist him to grow in wisdom and stature, in grace and knowledge, in kindness, compassion and love. May he serve you faithfully with his whole heart devoted to you. May he discover the joy of your presence through daily relationship with your Son, Jesus.
Help me never to hold on too tightly to this child, nor neglect my responsiblities before you as a parent. Lord, let my committment to raise this child for the glory of your name cause his life to forever testify of your faithfulness.

In Jesus' name I pray.

A Child's Prayer

God Hear My Prayer

God in heaven hear my prayer,
keep me in thy loving care.
Be my guide in all I do,
Bless all those who love me too.
Amen.

Source of prayer: christianity.about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment