() ()
My grandchildren Kay & Mat

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saying Goodbye

Children by  age one, already know that their parents are leaving them for the day, For whatever reason and despite reassurance that  the parents would be back. the tears don't seem to stop.

The look of Alec by the window reminds me of goodbye scenes every time I left for work
My heart felt heavy with all those crying and leaving them to the care of the nannies.

When we got home, my youngest son was by the window at 6:00 pm waiting for our arrival, while the two older brothers , aged three and five  were out playing with the neighbor's kids.

Because of these scenes plus the children's accidents, I decided to quit my job. I never regretted it.

Saying goodbye to children cause  trauma which affects their growing up years. If it's "hasta la vista" or "Addio, rivederti," or " "Adieu , vous revoir" or goodbye, see you again, the child is reassured that it is not the end of the line yet.

Goodbye is permanent distancing, like going to the afterlife. But if it's for the best for all, so be it Thy will be done Lord!


Bible verses on Death

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 1 Thessalonians 4:13 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. Revelation 21:3 - And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God. John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Psalms 116:15 - Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.(the righteous ones) Revelation 20:4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Philippians 1:21 - For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain. John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Ezekiel 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Jeremiah 30:9 - But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them. 1 John 3:2 - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. Hebrews 2:15 - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Colossians 1:13 - Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. John 5:28 - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, Daniel 12:13 - But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. source of Bible verses: King James Bible online
  Bible verses to comfort the grieving for a loved one

2 Corinthians 1:3-4  “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
Isaiah 41:10  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 43:2  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
Psalm 18:28  “You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”
Psalm 46:1-2  “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.”
Psalm 119:50  “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”
Romans 8:18  “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
2 Corinthians 7:10  “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.”
Psalm 18:2  “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18  “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.  According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.  For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.  Therefore encourage one another with these words.”
1 Peter 5:6-7  “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
Psalm 23:4  “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
Psalm 22:24  “For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.”
Psalm 27:4-5  “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.”
Psalm 30:5  “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”
Psalm 34:18  “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Matthew 11:28  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Lamentations 3:31-33  “For no one is cast off by the Lord forever.  Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.  For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.”

http://lynndove.com/2013/12/06/25-encouraging-scripture-verses-for-those-who-are-grieving/

No comments:

Post a Comment